National and international contributions to protecting nature are realized through others that ANAI has been able to support. Some of these contributions include
- Through the CR SGP, supporting community initiatives throughout Costa Rica that
- Protect community conservation areas
- Strengthen national protected areas
- Create volunteer fire brigades that yearly save thousands of hectares from being destroyed in forest fires.
- Create and manage sustainable community fishery areas
- Implement biodiversity friendly and climate change friendly agriculture
- Support Biological Corridors
- Supporting the people developing what became Panama’s San San Wetland of International Importance, a 20,000 hectare protected area contiguous to the Gandoca Manzanillo Wildlife Refuge in Costa Rica, which together form a unique bi-national conservation area of wetlands, forests, estuaries and sea turtle nesting beaches.
- Training and providing field experience in participatory sea turtle research and conservation to volunteers, interns, young scientists and protected area managers from all around the world.
- Providing direct support to sea turtle conservation activities in other parts of Costa Rica, Panama, and other Central American countries.